The Court Is Yours
Courts Plus offers its members the opportunity to obtain Permanent Court Time for tennis, racquetball and handball. It is available on a seasonal, prepay basis. The lottery is held each spring.
- The 2018 Permanent Court Time Lottery was held on Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
- Fall permanent court time runs 18 weeks beginning 9/3/2018 thru 1/6/2019.
- Pre-registration is not necessary to participate in the lottery. Interested members simply come to Courts Plus beginning at 6:00 pm on the night of the lottery to check-in and fill out the lottery card with the lottery beginning at 7:00 pm. A valid membership card or ID is required.
- Annual and monthly memberships, regardless of residency status, will be allowed to participate in the Lottery.
- Individual memberships are allowed 1 lottery card; Household memberships are allowed a total of 2 lottery cards.
- Members will only be allowed to hold 1 proxy card maximum. If a member is not able to attend the Lottery, the member can pick up a proxy card at the Courts Plus Service Desk between May 1, 2018 and 5:00 pm on May 23, 2018. The proxy card must be signed by the member not attending and given to the person who will be acting as their proxy. The person acting as the proxy must bring the proxy card with them to the Lottery.
- PLEASE NOTE: SINCE PROXY AUTHORIZATION AND SIGNATURE OF MEMBER NOT ATTENDING THE LOTTERY IS REQUIRED, BLANK PROXY CARDS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE AT THE LOTTERY (proxy cards filled out at the lottery would not have the required member’s signature and therefore not valid).
- All permanent court time courts sold require a $100 deposit upon reservation, with the balance due by July 15, 2018.
- Members may sell their court time to another member on a week to week or permanent basis. To sell one week of court time, contact the service desk and request that your court for that week be put up for sale. To sell your court time permanently, please contact the racquet sports supervisor. Refunds for all sold courts will be given in a one-time payment at the end of the 18 week permanent court time session. Refunds will be processed by January 17, 2019.
- Members wishing to participate in a Self-Formed League will have the opportunity to fill out a self-formed league lottery card beginning May 1. The Self-Formed League lottery cards must be turned in by May 14, and members will be notified of their status by mail within 7 days. A $100 deposit is required by 5:00 pm Wednesday, May 23, 2018 in order to secure the courts requested. The remaining balance is due on July 15, 2018. As a reminder, the following criteria apply to qualify as a Self-Formed League:
- Court time will be sold in blocks of two or three courts. Allotted times must consist of 1.5 or 2 hours of court time.
- Court time will be sold for non-prime hours only.
- The lottery card should be filled out by the League Captain.
- One lottery card per group per time requested will be allowed.
- Cards are pulled at random.